Rheem’s Performance model is a great value for those who have an indoor electric-only setup in their home. The Rheem Performance model is a beautiful and slim design that’s simple to install, requires no venting, and has a digital temperature display that you can configure to your liking.
The temperature range is 80 – 140°F, and is 99.8% energy efficient according to the manufacturer. There are 3 heating elements which are copper for better durability and easy replacement. If you’re unsure what model you’re looking for still, we have a buyers guide write up here on our site www.iwaefficient.com.
- Digital temperature control in 1°F increments
- Maximum 6.6 GPM, average 5.3 GPM
- Temperature range 80 – 140 °F
- Self-modulation technology for advanced efficiency
- 0.3 GPM activation flow
- 3 / 4 inch fittings
- Flex hose compatible
- 27 kw, 112 amps that requires 3 x 40 breakers, 240 volts, 8 AWG
The Rheem Performance model comes with a 5 year limited warranty on the heater elements and a 1 year warranty on parts.
Advantages & Disadvantages
- Great for small to medium size homes with low demand
- Self-modulation technology
- 5 year limited warranty
- No ventilation required
- Easy to replace heater elements
- Requires frequent maintenance & cleaning from scale and sediment build-up
- Heater elements may need to be replaced
- Requires dedicated wiring and breakers
The Rheem Performance is a great choice for those looking for a strong electric tankless unit with small to average sized homes. It is simple and straightforward to use, with impressive energy efficiency to boot. Its self-modulation technology is a no brainer that gives it an edge over other electric type tankless heaters, while remaining inexpensive to buy.
If you need something a little more conventional, doesn’t need ventilation and is easy to maintain the Rheem Performance is definitely worth considering and a great value for the money.