The Luxury Series by Rinnai is their medium tier model offering that is one of the highest output and efficient non-condensing tankless hot water heaters. The Luxury Series has advanced technology and performance that is ideal for medium to larger size homes – this is due to its recirculation technology so it can deliver hot water faster. This model has an impressive uniform energy factor of 0.81 – 0.82 (depending on which configuration you choose) which will save you a lot on your energy bills.
The Luxury Series comes in two versions: 7.5 GPM & 9.4 GPM, so you should have no trouble finding a version suitable for your home. If you’re still undecided, see our guide with tankless water heater reviews for tips and recommendations.
The following are some important specifications to consider:
- Sound level 55 dB for the 7.5 GPM version / 47 dB for the 9.4 GPM version
- Temperature 120 F factory default up to 140 F
- Direct electronic ignition (goodbye pilot light!)
- Water supply pressure min-max 20 – 150 PSI (recommended 30-80 PSI for best performance)
- 3 / 4 inch gas supply line connection & is also 1 / 2 inch compatible as well
- Water inlet & outlet are both 3 / 4 inch
- Minimum activation flow is 0.4 GPM
The Luxury Series comes with a 12 year warranty on the heat exchanger, a 5 year warranty on parts and a 1 year warranty on labor.
Advantages & Disadvantages
- Highest efficiency & output non-condensing unit
- Energy factor of 0.81 – 0.82 (depending on model)
- Extensive 12 year warranty
- Recirculation technology for faster hot water
- Comes in many configurations
- Ideal for medium to larger sized homes
- Ideal for all climates, including colder ones
- Isolation valves for easy maintenance
- Wifi capable for remote monitoring
- No condensing technology
The Luxury Series made by Rinnai is the perfect option for those with medium to large hot water demand, and are wanting the best options and performance out there. This series is for those who require a gas or propane fired tankless heater but want something a little more advanced than the base model.