The Value Series by Rinnai is their high efficiency base model offering that is ideal for small to medium sized homes. The Value Series is compact and offers great value in terms of efficiency and performance. This model has an impressive uniform energy factor of 0.79 – 0.82 (depending on which configuration you choose) which will save you plenty on your energy bills.
The Value Series also comes in configurations of 5.3, 6.6, 7.5 & 9.4 GPM, so you should have no trouble finding a model suitable for your home. If you are unsure and need some help, check out our buyers guide which includes some recommendations by us iwaefficient.
The Value Series comes in the following configurations to meet your needs and preferences:
The following are some important specifications to consider as well:
- Sound level 55 dB
- Temperature 120 F factory default up to 140 F
- Direct electronic ignition (goodbye pilot light!)
- Water supply pressure min-max 20 – 150 PSI (recommended 30-80 PSI for best performance)
- 3 / 4 inch gas supply line connection & is also 1 / 2 inch compatible as well
- Water inlet & outlet are both 3 / 4 inch
- Minimum activation flow is 0.4 GPM
The Value Series comes with a 10 year warranty on the heat exchanger, a 5 year warranty on parts and a 1 year warranty on labor.
Advantages & Disadvantages
- Budget friendly, high efficiency with great value & performance
- Energy factor of 0.79 – 0.82 (depending on configuration)
- Extensive warranty
- Comes in multiple configurations
- Ideal for small to medium sized homes
- Ideal for all climates, including colder ones
- No recirculation technology
- No condensing technology
Like the name suggests, the Value Series tankless water heaters by Rinnai is a budget friendly unit that provides a lot of value and efficiency for the money. This model series is ideal for those who require a gas or propane fired tankless heater but have a smaller to average sized home, and/or have so much to put towards a new heater. This model offers a comprehensive warranty, has an electric ignition instead of a pilot light, and is perfect for all climates, even colder ones.